martes, 27 de noviembre de 2012

Salmon ceviche

I come from a city that is quite near the sea, about a 20 minutes car ride, I therefore grew up eating lots of seafood, and even though today its quite cold where I am living at the time, I was just walking by the fish store and got a massive craving for ceviche.

For the ones who do not know what ceviche is, its a typical dish from the coastal regions of central and south america (yeah.. wikipedia help me with that..) and its made of raw fish marinated in lemon juice, you can use different kind of fish, but my all time favorite one is Salmon ceviche. Of course there are many recipes, I even saw one with mango, which i will try very soon, I actually wanted to try it today, but mangos were 3.65 euros at the store near my house.. no way I was going to pay for that, and I was too lazy to go to the other supermarket so next time, but I like this one because its nice and simple, and it cannot go wrong.

The ingredients

"cooking time" : 30 minutes
 2 persons

Salmon (no skin, about 150grs. per person)
1 onion
1/2 green pepper
3 limes/lemons 
a little bit of Coriander (cilantro)
pepper
salt
olive oil 
2 glasses of white wine

Step 1: 

Add chopped salmon in a medium plastic or glass bowl, add the juice from the limes, salt, olive oil and pepper and let it rest for a bit (15 min) 

Step 2: 

Cut the onion into wedges, once they are cut I like to put them in hot water for about 2 minutes, then the flavour is a tiny little bit less strong 
Chop the green pepper and the Coriander

Step 3: 

Add the coriander, onions and pepper to the marinated fish, let it rest for another 15 minutes. The more you leave it the more cooked it gets from the lime juice.

and that's it, super simple, the glass of white wine its just to drink with your ceviche ;) 




Have a nice week!

K