I made a simplified version of it, because the original one includes grinding some corn and then boiling it.. and it includes some chicken and olives and preparing the meat the day before bla bla bla.. so here is my very simple version which will not take you more than 30 minutes.
first a corn mixture for which u need:
1/2 cup of milk
1 or 2 corn cans if can also be frozen corn then u have to boil it....
basil (5 leaves)
for the meat part:
little bit of oil
salt, pepper, cumin, powder garlic
1 diced onion
about 200 grs of ground beef
How to make it
1. mix the grounded beef with the garlic, pepper, salt and cumin, leave it rest for a bit while you dice the onions
2. heat the oil in a pan, add the beef, and while cooking add the onions and the raisins, cook till the meat is ready.
3. let it rest while you prepare the corn mixture
4. for the corn mixture, put the canned corn, the basil leaves, milk, salt in a blender, blend but not till it goes completely uniform, leave some chunky bits, if you think its too liquid add some corn starch (maizena)
5. when ready, put it on a pan and cook it for about 5 minutes
6. Finally, on a clay baking dish (if you don´t have one.. like me today, because where the hell will i find a clay dish in Holland.. just use any baking dish you have) put first the meat and then on top of it the corn mixture, put some sugar on top of it.. (i know.. it sounds weird... it tasted good trust me)
7. Pre heat the oven to 200 °C and put your baking dish in there for about 20 minutes, or until you get a nice golden top.
and there you go! your own Chilean dish! i always put some more sugar on top of it
If you want to be really chilean then listen some chile music while you eat it.. I always listen to Los Huasos Quincheros.. hahah but find what you like guys.